Purpose of Your Job Position
As Business Development Coordinator (Admissions Coordinator), you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The primary purpose of your job position is to support the admissions department’s activities in the pre-admission, admission, discharge, and follow-up You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. Position location is in Alexandria, Virginia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts tours of facility for prospective residents whether walk-ins or scheduled admissions.
- Reviews and coordinates with Liaison on patient acceptance.
- Admissions and follows up accordingly.
- Contacts families of potential residents and invite for tour.
- Tracks pre-admission referral activity daily.
- Assist with arrangements and confirmation of all admissions.
- Assigns attending physician.
- Verification of payor source, i.e., Medicare, managed Care, Medicaid, Insurance.
- For Medicaid pending, collect copy of date-stamped application prior to admission. All deviations require prior approval of Executive Director and RVPO.
- Obtain prior approval number from payor on a per case basis when authorized.
- Notify case manager and/or Director of Clinical Services of any potential risks.
- Ensure level of care approval obtained and or OBRA screen (PASSAR, MIMR) when indicated.
- Notify departments of anticipated admission.
- Complete face sheet, attach to clinical screen, copy and distribute to appropriate departments.
- Contact the County Department of Social Service/Medicaid office to verify eligibility and determine estimate of co-pay/family participation amount when appropriate.
- Tracks acute hospital admissions to ensure readmission of patients.
- Coordinates weekend/ holiday admissions in conjunctions with Liaisons.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect and passion, and incorporate them into the daily job function.
- Demonstrates respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conducts oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrates a passion for caring as evidenced by interactions with co-workers, residents, families and visitors.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by direct Supervisor pending Census focus.
Ensures receipt of all necessary documentation form referring institution.
Assigns medical record number/Enters patient in Admission Log Book.
- Initiates and completes specified components of the facility admission packet with patient and/or responsible party.
- Maintains Resident Roster, waiting list and inquiry list as specified per state regulations including receipts.
Coordinates room assignment designation with nursing department.
Coordinates clinical assessment/screening and ensures appropriate clinical acceptance in a timely manner in the absence of Liaison.
Ensure timely delivery of census data to corporate office and essential services as per company policy.
Attends morning meeting for Census review only.
Responsible for census development duties as assigned.
Completes census/occupancy tracking forms as assigned.
Participates in conference calls with RDBD as assigned
Must possess a Secondary Education Diploma or GED equivalency required.
At least one year experience in Health Care/ Business Development/ Insurance. Familiar with medical terminology.
Excellent interpersonal, coordinating and organizational skills.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.